Media Devices is available under Administration
About Media Devices
Media Devices support the configuration the following capture solutions:
1. TWAIN-compatible solutions (scanners, digital cameras)
2. Windows Driver Model (WDM) DirectShow based devices (cameras and other video capture devices)
TWAIN compatible devices ensure image acquisition, WDM based devices provide video capturing.
The configuration of the media devices is optional. When capturing, the program will auto detect and let you choose the connected devices.
Create a New Media Device
1. Click the New Media Device button on the toolbar.
2. Select Twain or DirectShow related information.
3. Click the Save and Close button to save the record.
Default Media Devices
Default Media Devices are devices the application uses whenever you select an image acquisition or video capturing command (for example adding a new Document in the Documents Viewer). Each User of the system can have a default device for TWAIN based acquisition and one for DirectShow based acquisition (image and video).
1. Click on a Media Device item in the Media Devices viewer.
2. Right click on the selected item.
3. Select the "Set as default Media Device" command from the context menu.
Editing a Media Device
1. Select a Media Device in the viewer and click the Edit button on the toolbar.
Deleting a Media Device
1. Select a Media Device in the viewer and click the Delete button on the toolbar.
2. Answer Yes to the confirmation prompt to remove the selected Media Device.