Documents are available under the Office module
A Document is the correspondent of a file from the file system and is stored in the database.By using Documents, you are enabled to store, organize, capture and share any type of computer file, between users of the same database. Any stored Document can be opened or edited, provided that you have the application program that supports its file type.
The Document items have the additional Locking functionality. Locking a document means that that Document can be edited and deleted only by the User that applied the lock. Meanwhile, the other Users can only open the Document.
Add Documents from Files
1. Click the Add from Files button on the toolbar.
2. Browse and select one or more files. Click Open.
Add Documents from Folder
1. Click the Add from Folder button on the toolbar.
2. Browse and select the folder.
3. Click the OK button to start the import of the folder hierarchy and content.
Add Image Documents from a Media Device
1. Click the Record Image button on the toolbar.
2. Capture the image or images from the Media Device and click Save and Close.
Add Video Documents from a Media Device
1. Click the Record Movie button on the toolbar.
2. Capture the movie from the Media Device and click Save and Close.
Open a Document
1. Right-click the Document to be opened and select Open.
Editing a Document
1. Select a Document item and click the Edit button on the toolbar.
2. After editing the Document with the specific application program, Save the changes in order for the content of the Document to be updated.
Deleting a Document
1. Select a Document item and click the Delete button on the toolbar.
2. Click Yes in the confirmation box.
Lock a Document or Unlock a Document
1. Right-click the Document o be locked and select Lock.
2. Right-click the Document o be unlocked and select Unlock.